ADMS Principal Consultant
This opening is for an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) Principal Consultant. You will be providing expert ADMS consulting services as part of our team who helps electric utilities across North America develop their ADMS strategy and roadmaps. You will also guide our clients to achieve their operational and business objectives through ADMS procurement and implementation projects. Our company maintains a virtual office setting so you can work from your home with as-needed travel to client sites.
- Lead ADMS road-mapping, business case development, and implementation planning for North American electric utility clients.
- Lead multi-level client interviews and facilitate engagement across project stakeholders to gather information and help build support for ADMS plans.
- Lead the development of requirements and other RFP materials for ADMS procurement projects, provide guidance on the vendor proposal evaluation process, and support the establishment of contractual statement of work documents
- Perform data collection and statistical & engineering analyses in support of client objectives.
- Communicate solutions and recommendations—spanning client planning, engineering, operations, and executive management forums—through reports and presentations.
- Perform and manage technical project work as required for grid modernization objective realization.
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and industry innovations which are happening in digitalization, analytics, security, markets, and operational technology within the electric grid marketspace.
- Provide detailed fact finding, research, and analysis in grid management technology trends and related areas to further support delivery project.
- Develop proposals, work plans, budgets, and schedules for client engagements.
- Create and publish thought leadership supporting the advancement of ADMS and other grid management technologies.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the words ‘ADMS Principal Consultant’ in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years working in the electric utility industry; either at a utility, ADMS vendor and/or as a consultant specializing in grid management applications
- Familiarity with operational technology systems and information technology systems commonly used by electric utilities (e.g., Oracle NMS, OSI Monarch)
- Experience making presentations to utilities and facilitating meetings with utility management, power engineers and utility staff
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus with high standards of professional ethics
- Excellent customer focus
- Ability to work independently and self-direct
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Strong command of the English language
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident)
- Background in power systems engineering
- Experience in building and verifying an ADMS business case based upon engineering principles
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the utility industry with published blogs, articles in industry publications, and presentations at industry conferences
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA, or equivalent work experience
- Experience supporting and deploying production software including:
- SCADA and associated communication protocols (e.g., DNP3, ICCP, Modbus)
- Outage management systems and associated system integrations
- Distribution applications including Fault Location Isolation and Service Restoration (FLISR), Volt/VAR Control/Optimization VVC/VVO, and Unbalanced Load Flow.
- Distribution Operations Training Simulator
- Experience with deploying distribution communications infrastructure to support SCADA and ADMS